CHARLESTON, SC - Alchemy Global, the first crowdfunding platform in the Sports and Entertainment market matching accredited investors with growth companies, today formally launched with the closing of its investment round. Alchemy brings a powerful blend of experienced brand and company builders along with managerial, financial and capital market expertise to make a significant difference in the success rate of companies in sports and entertainment. The first three client companies to launch on the Alchemy portal will be announced in the coming weeks.
“There are an immense number of smart, unique businesses whose founders and leaders are needing a better solution to raise capital more efficiently, plus are in need of additional expertise to implement their growth strategy. Our leadership team will guide these passionate individuals through their capital raise, while also providing a wealth of know-how that will help them grow faster and more effectively than ever anticipated,” said Andy Brusman, CEO of Alchemy Global, who brings a strong entrepreneurial background in sports and finance. “The JOBS Act has allowed us to create an investment portal that provides accredited investors access to our client companies, who have been through a thorough diligence process with us. We complement this with a service model that extends beyond the raise; one that is operationally intensive, with a global network that enables significant growth opportunities for our clients. In short, we deliver capital, connections and collaboration to our clients, which rewards our investors and grows the business of sports and entertainment.”
In order to be effective assisting entrepreneurs as well as established companies, Alchemy has assembled a group of influential investors/advisors, including:
* Greg Norman, a leading investment partner and one of the first athletes who used his brand, moniker and success as the World’s number one golfer for 331 weeks on the PGA Tour to create a leading global sports and lifestyle products conglomerate, Great White Shark Enterprises.
* Jim Courier, another elite athlete who parlayed one of the world’s most successful professional careers on the ATP Tour into a highly lucrative event and media business, InsideOut Sports + Entertainment, as well as serving as the current captain of the US Davis Cup team.
* Boris Becker, former world number one tennis player who has launched successful brands in the tennis consumer marketplace as well as being one of Europe’s most influential sports personalities.
* Todd Ruppert, a highly networked global executive and entrepreneur, currently CEO of RTR International and former CEO of T. Rowe Price Global Investment Services.
* Steve Peck, a technology visionary who has driven business transformation and innovation with the largest brands in the world across several industries including sports and entertainment.
* Russ Lindsay, a leading entertainment figure, co-founder of UK talent agency James Grant, and currently founder and CEO of Infinity Creative Media Ltd. Russ has managed many of the UK’s top television personalities including Simon Cowell and Piers Morgan.
* Terry Byrne, who has had a long distinguished career in soccer and is currently the Chairman of 1966 Entertainment Ltd, which manages the England Football Team’s commercial rights. Terry has worked extensively in soccer for over twenty years, including a five-year period as Personal Manager to David Beckham.
Along with these accomplished individuals is an incredible group of veteran executives, led by:
* Peter Ruppe, Alchemy President. As part of Ruppe’s highly accomplished 27 year career at Nike, he led Nike’s global basketball business for nearly a decade. He worked closely with Michael Jordan, and pioneered Nike’s shift to separate Jordan into an independent brand. After Nike, he worked with Pete Carroll on the development of his coaching platform, WinForever.
* Chris Flannery, Operating Partner, IP and Licensing. Flannery was the President of Ripken Baseball Group and also part of the group who acquired and manages the global IP assets of Pelé.
* Bill Moses, Operating Partner, Digital Media and Technology. Moses is a technology and digital media expert with a rich experience set including a long tenure with IBM’s sports technology group, as well as stints with the NFL and NHL.
“The Alchemy team brings significant experience in building brands, products, and companies. Through their success at both start-up ventures and established companies, the team understands how to execute on a holistic strategy – fusing together the combination of people, products and processes to generate successful businesses,” Greg Norman added. “While the current universe of funding platforms focuses solely on raising capital, Alchemy takes a hands-on operational role, helping clients implement a sustainable growth strategy. In addition to this operational expertise, the Alchemy network aligns clients with key relationships that impact every stage of the company’s lifecycle. It is as unique a business proposition as you will find in sports and entertainment today, and I am very excited to be a part of it.”
To learn more about Alchemy Global, visit www.alchemyglobal.com.
For Press Inquiries, please contact Joe Favorito at 201-746-0005 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Alchemy, headquartered in Charleston, SC with offices in Portland, Baltimore, New York and London, is the first dedicated investment web portal focused on Sports and Entertainment. Through this portal, the company will facilitate funding and business solutions for companies in sports and entertainment, which include consumer products, services, content creation, media, intellectual property, wellness and technology.
The company’s management team has direct experience and expertise in building businesses around athletes and entertainers like Michael Jordan, David Beckham, Cal Ripken, Jr., Pete Carroll, Pelé and Montel Williams. The company will leverage this expertise in developing product differentiation, diversified customer bases, strong management and financial performance for its clients.